Who we are
Information we may hold about you
When you register to use our Website, purchase a product or contact us, personal data you provide, such as your name, contact details (including social media accounts), log in and payment information, will be collected.
When you browse our website, whether or not you are registered, purchase a product, or register to receive our emails, we and our partner advertising networks, advertisers and advertising affiliates such as third party affiliates, which will collect user information such as your location, language, assumed gender, IP address, when you visited our Website, how you arrived on our Website, where you visit after our Website or App, the pages you visited, how long you spend browsing individual pages on our Website, any products you have purchased, and the browser (where applicable) and device you used to access our Website.
In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes. Calls may also be monitored without your consent in the following circumstances: to provide evidence of a business transaction; to prevent or detect a crime.
How we may use your personal data
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- to fulfill your order - we require your identification, contact and payment information to enable the relevant Group company to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without this information (please note that your details may need to be passed to another third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfill any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc and to meet any legal obligations for the retention of transactional data);
- to tell you about similar products and services, or products and services that you ask us to send you information about, by email, post, mobile, telephone and/or through other digital means (depending on your stated preferences) including social media platforms;
- to provide you with services you request from us;
- to register you on the Website (where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address or change in your marketing preferences);
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you, other users of our Website, and users of the services of our Third Party Advertisers about products or services that may interest you or them;
- to administer our Website;
- to analyse, and improve, the use of our Website, and retail offering, including how you move around our Website;
- to measure and analyse our advertising;
- to keep in touch with you regarding your marketing preferences;
- to keep our Website, and network safe and secure;
- to process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions); and
We process this data where you have given us consent to use it, where it is necessary to perform our contract, to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, where required by law or in pursuit of our legitimate interests where these are not overridden by your rights and interests, such as to provide appropriate marketing and to maintain our services.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Our contact information